Wednesday 28 January 2015

Military Wife TAG

Hey Guys!
Hope your all okay?
 
I have seen a few versions of the 'Military Wife' Tag floating around Youtube so figured I would share my answers here on Talking Transplants (and maybe can do a video over on my channel for any one who is interested?)
 
I have removed some questions which I felt weren't relevant to my military marriage.
 

 
 
How did you and your spouse meet?
 
We met and his Uncle's Birthday party when I was on day leave from the hospital.
I was around two weeks post transplant - crazy coincidence really considering my other half very rarely was up in Birmingham and we had never met before even though I had been close to his family since I was 15.
 
 How old were you when you two met?
 
I was 19 and Gareth was 23.
 
 How long have you been together?
 
We have been together 3 years this May.
 
 Where are you and your spouse originally from?
 
We are both from Birmingham - Yep we are Brummie,although our accents aren't always picked up..
 
 How did you feel about him joining the military?
 
Well he was already in the Military when we met.
My feelings on getting with someone in the military?
I knew what I was getting to having family already in the military and I knew if I was to get with him I couldn't really complain later on as I knew what I was getting into.
To be hoenst though we had a very unique realtionship due to his job and my health.
 
 Has your spouse ever been deployed?
 
Yes,Once when we were weren't together and once when we first got together for 2 months.
 
How long have you been a military wife?
 
6 months :)
 
Did he wear his uniform on his wedding day?
 
Sure did.
He wasn't too keen on the idea to be honest,but I talked him into it (Ooops.)
He looks fab in it and the way I see it if your in the forces you should be proud to wear your uniform so when else would be more perfect to wear it then on your wedding day?
 
Where are you and your spouse currently stationed? Do you live on base?
 
We are currently stationed at Fairford & We do live on base.
This is our second base,but our first experience 'behind the wire' so I will be happy to share my experiences in a few months for anyone interested :)
 
How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation?
 
Separation due to Military Life was after a few months but not for long.
 
What is your favourite base so far?
 
Only been here a week.but so far have to say Fairford!
 
Do you think your spouse looks good in his uniform?
 
 
Of course!
I think he looks rather handsome :)
 
Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
 
Due to Social Anxiety I struggled when I first moved in with Gareth (before we got married) to push myself and meet new people. After we got married I got very close to another Military Wife,and she became someone I could speak to about pretty much anything and have a laugh with.
Now we have moved base I hope I can but my new found confidence to get to know more people.
 
What is the hardest part of the military life?
 
I think its having deployment hanging over you sometimes,but to be honest there is nothing I personally would say is too bad.
I think it all comes own to each individual really.
Having anxiety,plans changing 50 million times i find hard but thats just down to my anxiety really.
 
Do you own military wife stuff?
 
I did own a Help for Heroes jacket which has now gone on walkies..
So I am currently on the hunt for a new one and have a tshirt I want to get too :)
 

Do you support your spouse as a member of the military?
 
Always.
I am so proud of what he does,and will always support him and what the military do.
I couldn't be prouder of him,and everyone else who is in the military,they all do amazing jobs and help us all in ways that sometimes we don't even realise!
 
So that was it.
The Military Wife Tag.
 
I would love to know if any of you are interested in knowing anything more about being a forces wife?
Maybe a little Q&A or a video on youtube?
 
Let me know!
 
Stay Safe & Speak Soon.
 
 

3 comments: